May Althing

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

May Althing

Postby deimos » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:04 pm

Potential promotion of Aureus Saltus to Barony status.
As they have received two Excellent ratings on consecutive audits, the item is automatically brought before the Althing.

The BOD will need to confirm that the land has indeed passed two consecutive Audits with Excellent ratings AND the land meets current Barony requirements.

The ballot is as follows:

Shall the Shire of Aureus Saltus be promoted to Barony?
Yes, promote
No, do not promote
Abstain
(This item may be removed if the BOD does not confirm eligibility)

ADDED 4/16/15 (Per the Corpora, as this item is added < 4 weeks to the Althing, the "Move to Next Althing" option is added as a voting option

Accept Bremen's Fortress as a Sponsored Chapter of Westmarch
Yes
No
Abstain
Move to Next Althing

(If accepted, we can have them sign a contract at Darkshore and have one hell of a big welcoming party)

Note:
The Barony of Seven Sleeping Dragons, having passed two consecutive audits with Excellent ratings, has waived the right to have a promotion to Duchy brought before the Althing.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Re: May Althing

Postby deimos » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 pm

Added Althing item to accept Bremen's Fortress as a Shire under Westmarch
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Collin the Red » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:38 am

3 questions:

1. Did BoD confirm eligibility for the promotion?
  2. Did BF receive proper documentation from BL BoD?
  3. Are they currently a freehold in good standing with BL?
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Bremen's Fortress is fully acknowledged by the BLBOD, having received their completed contract last week. While their contract was only recently completed, they have been active since September 9th of last year. While I'm not sure what you mean by standings, in that any freehold far removed from El Paso without causing major problems is in good standings. I will tell you I have visited their park many times since it's first day. They are very enthusiastic about the game of Amtgard and all that it has to offer from on the field into the sewing room. It's true, the core of their group originally played Belegarth, many have them have said they prefer our form of combat, field honor and etiquette, our emphasis and encouragement of crafting, and that people are taught that learning and improving one's self is more important than winning. In Belegarth, there is a heavy emphasis on kill count over personal betterment, which is something these fighters are tired of.

You would think coming from Belegarth, there would be a lot of smack and prejudice against magical abilities, lack of full contact rules etc, but most Belegrim that have gone to the park immediately pick up a magic class first. Right now, they have more Wizards, Bards, and Druids running around on the field then any other class. Which is a headache for balancing games, let me tell you. They enjoy the speed and skill needed to perform shots as opposed to the brute force they thought was the only way to fight.

I feel that each and every member of Bremen's Fortress has been searching for The Dream in Belegarth, but haven't quite been able to find it. This new land is able to offer that, and to a whole new generation of players too, since children under 16 aren't allowed to play Belegarth, period. For the first time for these people, parents are able to fight with their kids on the field, teach them how to shoot a bow, memorize spells, and bond in a way that mundane life makes difficult for age gaps.

If anyone is considering voting against this amazing group of people, I implore you to speak with one of them and ask what Amtgard means to them. We have an opportunity to welcome in an amazing group of people into Westmarch, and I would hate to squander that opportunity.
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Postby Collin the Red » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Awesome answer, The in good standing is that no drama surounds this park at this time, as we have enough drama. But as this looks like a good group and they are filling a need in WM, I for one, will be voting FOR BF in the althing.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Ka'a Acklie » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Euric has not replied to messages from our Monarchy regarding becoming Barony, however:

Fall 2015 Audit Results https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzd6VK ... sp=sharing
Spring 2015 Audit Results https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Fru Squire Ka'a F Acklie

Ego Sum Finis
Ka'a Acklie

Postby SirEuric » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Euric has now responded and passed findings along to BOD.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby deimos » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:09 am

BOD has confirmed that Aureus Saltus meets the requirements for Barony, so the May Althing ballot is complete and ready for voting next weekend.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Return to Important Westmarch Issues