Monarchy Announcement (3-15-2020)

Forum for info about WM Althings, elections, questions about the Kingdom, etc.

Monarchy Announcement (3-15-2020)

Postby ElSpeth Sharrisselva » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:45 am

Good morning Westmarch! This is a long post so please bear with me. To begin with we are officially accepting Nox’ resignation. Furthermore, per corpora, I have appointed Raven as the new regent. Please give her your support as she steps up when needed.

Yesterday, there were a couple of long posts and so I am addressing the misinformation posted there and to assure you the monarchy is on the job, despite claims otherwise. If you look back at Raven’s last post regarding Darkshore, she mentions having made a decision with the WM monarchy on when to decide to cancel the event or not. There is a deadline for the last week of April to decide without losing a lot of money. With schools and agencies closing for weeks not months, this could still play out in our favor. It also could turn worse and the parks department cancel the event anyway. This is not a time to freak out. Just as many Amtgard events are going forward as were recently cancelled.

I also recently had a discussion with the Westmarch Land Monarchs on our IM discussion list about closing parks temporarily. I absolutely resist making sweeping proclamations across the kingdom forcing everyone into a non-choice. This IS a matter of choice…for each land and for each player—all of whom have varying needs. We encourage every player who is ill to stay home. If anyone is concerned about their health or health of family members, please stay home. No individual should force objectives on the rest of the kingdom. Many of us want to play and fully understand how to be cautious. I’m a firm believer that fresh air is a good thing for human beings. I want to add that I fully support the decisions any land monarch makes for their land and will do my utmost to assist should they need it.

We have parks who are coming up with alternate ways to participate. Crimson Wood has some great plans which I applaud. Perhaps Gale will get on and explain more. These are ways for a park to not need to be dark, for members to still receive credits, and for us to continue to interact. This gives us an opportunity to explore other ways to participate in and stay connected with Amtgard.

Most of us came to Amtgard for it’s fantasy and role-play aspect (yeah fighting too): something enjoyable away from the ‘real world’. We CAN and MUST find ways to not allow that to disappear. We cannot live our lives in fear—especially when there are ways to still interact and still connect without park ‘face time’.

I ask you all to refrain from posting news links regarding the virus. We are all aware of the virus. We’re bombarded with information, misinformation, and news updates. Some of them are incorrect, others are fear mongering. It’s reached the point of people tuning out. Blackthorn and I watch the news stations we trust daily. There were other virus’ in the past and the human race is still here. There will be others in the future.

The kingdom BoD meets this Thursday. We’ve added concerns regarding audit attendance restrictions and voting eligibility to the agenda. As usual it will be live-streamed and a recording posted afterward. Expect an announcement afterwards on decisions voted upon shortly afterward.

One last thing: our Corpora. It is our LARP version of the Constitution. It’s a governing document and thus, something which should not be changed on a whim. Yes, it takes time for changes to come up and be voted upon. Occasionally that’s inconvenient; most times it’s a blessing to ensure it covers what our players and lands need. Like it or not, it’s a document we run our lands and kingdom by with no land or person an exception. The Corpora Revision Committee meets on Friday and includes a discussion regarding an amendment for national emergencies. I’m ready to add whatever the committee votes upon to the April Althing as an emergency vote.

Sirrah ElSpeth Sharrisselva
Queen of Westmarch
ElSpeth Sharrisselva

Return to Important Westmarch Issues