Crown Quals Scores and Placing

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Siar Geata

Moderators: LucasTheLost, Scoot, Scorch Flamedancer

Re: Crown Quals Scores and Placing

Postby Rose » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:28 pm

I wasn't meaning it as a beat up on spud thing. He was picked as a judge and he did his best as a judge. Someone asked about the difference in scoring, and I informed as to the given reason. weather we agree or not with the reason the real question is, was spud fair? As far as I could tell he judged everything he saw with the same criteria, giving no biased ruling to people he liked as opposed to people he didn't. Everything he scored qualed. That is the most important part of quals , seeing if everyone who runs is eligible to do so. As far as I'm concerned Spud did a decent job as a judge. I appreciate and value the effort all the judges put into making their decisions.

If anything I would put forth that a 10 point judging criteria would produce more satisfying results. Its hard for judges to make a difference between 3 4 and 5. 10, with 6 quaking would allow for a better interpretation of quality.
Far dearer the grave or the prision illumed by one patriot name,
then the trophies of all who have risen on liberty's ruin to fame!
(Forget no the field, Thomas Moore)
Rose

Postby Randy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:45 pm

Rose wrote:weather we agree or not with the reason the real question is, was spud fair? As far as I could tell he judged everything he saw with the same criteria, giving no biased ruling to people he liked as opposed to people he didn't. Everything he scored qualed. That is the most important part of quals , seeing if everyone who runs is eligible to do so.

This unquestionably this.
Randy

Postby Scorch Flamedancer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:54 pm

This is true
My body is my sword, my mind is my blade. Without them, I would be nothing.
Scorch Flamedancer

Previous

Return to Duchy of Siar Geata - Oceanside, CA