Reeve School is now in session!

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Reeve School is now in session!

Postby Miles » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:26 pm

Hello there, chaps and chapesses.

In the interest of furthering the cause of Reeveship and broadening the catalog of CW/WM Reeves, I began teaching a series of class modules at Crimson Wood this past Saturday on the art and science of Reeving. I thought I'd make a post about it, for those of you who couldn't be there that day and/or are interested to learn more.

Reeve School is free to attend, so long as you are not disruptive to other attendees, is not attendance-based, and requires no enrollment process (though it would be good to bring your copy of the Rulebook). Classes are at CW each weekend, and generally run during some of the less-structured times of the day at the park (e.g. after the Big Class Battle). Advance preparation is recommended--which is part of why the topic agenda is listed below--but not required. I can assure you that attending the classes will do wonders for your future Reeve Exam scores, and attending them all will all but guarantee you a passing score, if you retain the material well.

With no further ado, our planned schedule of "lectures:"

10/15- What is a Reeve, anyway?: Conceptual Basics and Ribbons, Sashes, and Classes, Oh My!
10/22- Anger Management and Beards; Extraordinary Abilities and You andClass Dynamics: Monk, Paper, Scissors (May be postponed due to WM Quals)
10/29- It's Almost Halloween!: A Primer on the Rules of Magic and Memento Magica: Common Spells and their Effects (Expect candy for being prepared for pop quiz questions!)
11/5- A Champion is You: Weapons and Construction and Stuff Nobody Actually Does: Level Tests, Relics, Subdual Blows, et al. (Also, CW Quals)
11/12- Last-Minute Review & Tests (You must be Reeve-qualified by this date to run for office!)
11/19- Addenda: Monsters and Awards and Digging Deeper: The Corpora, Open-Book (bring a copy of the Corpora, if you have one)
11/26- Thanksgiving Holiday: School is out
12/3- Coronation: High-performance Reeve School students who pass their exams before Thanksgiving will be recognized appropriately.

Hint: The placement of the Awards and Monster sections indicate that they are not on the exams. While the Dor un Avathar is an official Amtgard monster sourcebook, it is not part of the Rules and is therefore not on the examinations. Awards, as well, do not apply to the adjudication of everyday play, so they are omitted from the exam--but both will be explored thoroughly on their scheduled day.
Bear in mind that you may also bring/ask questions here and on the field at any time, but they may be answered after Reeve School is completed if the answer is a particularly long/involved/arcane one, in the interest of time and the energy levels of your classmates.

Hope to see as many of you in class as I can!
Inspiration. Exuberance. Synergy. ~
Miles

Re: Reeve School is now in session!

Postby Collin the Red » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:34 am

Miles wrote:...
10/15- What is a Reeve, anyway?: Conceptual Basics and Ribbons, Sashes, and Classes, Oh My!

So, how did it go?
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Re: Reeve School is now in session!

Postby Prometheus » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:52 pm

I liked it, there are many rules that I did not know of. The class was super helpful.
If at first you don't succeed,
destory all evidence that you ever tried.
Prometheus

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA