Toycon!

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Toycon!

Postby Azus » Wed May 28, 2014 2:45 pm

At Kublacon I spoke with Mike who is running ToyCon in Santa Rosa who was very interested in having Amtgard at the con, and gave him caamtgard's address and basic contact instructions to him. I just got this email from him

[quote=Mike holbrook <santarosatoyshow@gmail.com>]
Hi this is Mike Holbrook from Santa Rosa Toy Con.
I personally spoke to either you or one of your representatives this past weekend at either Fanime or Kublacon about the Bay Areas largest Toy Convention Santa Rosa Toy Con.
Toy Con is in its second year and has grown explosively since last year becoming the bay areas largest toy event. Last year we had over 3700 people in attendance with only 3 months of promotions and marketing, this year we are expecting our attendance to more than double due to our high advertising budget and a full year of promotions.
The reason i am contacting you is someone at your booth showed interest in being a part of toycon and with all the activity this past weekend i wanted to make sure that Toy Con did not get overlooked by you or your staff.
Vendor and artist spaces are still available but going fast so please contact me soon if you would like a booth.
i am attaching a flyer and the vendor info so please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have
Thank you for your time
Mike Holbrook
Santa Rosa Toy Con
www.santarosatoycon.com (still under reconstruction)

[/quote]

(BTW, there's also a cosplay competition there)

All your to play with!
Azus

Re: Toycon!

Postby Dagny » Wed May 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks for the info.

So what kind of space do we need for demonstrations at a con? If there isn't enough space to demo would we still be interested in having an informational booth? Does all of this depend on cost? Manning the booth (demo or not) still takes up a park day, would anyone be interested in helping?
"Mongo only pawn in game of life." ~Mongo, Blazing Saddles
Dagny

Postby Dagny » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:46 pm

An update!

So I've been talking with Mike from ToyCon (as mentioned last park day) and we're super close to making this happen. Here's the post from the CW Facebook page:

Amtgard Demonstrations at Santa Rosa ToyCon
Here's the quick and dirty version - we'll be running demonstrations and battle games open to the con attendees. We have a park area to play in, that we'll occasionally share with some of the cosplay groups when we aren't demo-ing. Our booth will cost us $120, but as long as all of our booth staff and demo participants are IN GARB their attendance is comped.
What I need help with - I need confirmation that is is definitely something we want to do, and then help with the vendor contract and payment. I need help with making a waiver specifically for this event that protects Amtgard/Crimson Wood AND ToyCon in case someone gets injured while participating. And lastly I need to know who is going to help at the booth and with the demos!

Either join in the conversation on FB, poke me here, or at the park. Let's make this happen!
Dagny

Postby Mannanan » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:43 am

I will try to make it out to help. I am looking forward to being back out semi regularly again (I hope).
- Baronet Mannanan, MaA to Baronet Torbjorn Kegslayer Esq.
Mannanan

Postby Dagny » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:24 pm

Attendance Update!

If you are planning on showing up please get in touch with me here or on FB so I can give you my phone number. I have to pick up the participant badges the night before the show, so I'll need a heads up for anyone's arrival so I can send someone to the gate with your badge.
Dagny

Postby Baernoir » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:27 pm

:!: Here's a link to the facebook group where I posted a copy of the specific waiver we're going to have to sign to play. Please have this ready before hand if you can. Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/183571551667845/ :!:
"Read like a butterfly, write like a bee."
-Philip Pullman
Baernoir

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA