Dunesday

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Crimson Wood

Moderators: Drenth, bill the nun

Dunesday

Postby groo » Sun May 17, 2015 11:19 am

Hello Crimsonwood...could one of my tech savvy peeps post this on Westmarch's Facebook page, or events. I posted it here and in our Upcoming Events page but I think more people look at Facebook.
Thanks

Hello Amtgard, this is Dunesday….miss me?
Are you ready to play in the largest sandbox?
Dunesday will return to South Salmon Creek on Saturday September 12th, 2015 from 1030AM until you decide to leave. Free parking, free play, free food, free fun. You only need to bring your drink of choice, Amtgard killing instruments, and shark bite kit.
We will run the arrow gauntlet, ditch...in a dune ditch, eat, play a castle battle...in a castle formed from the dunes. Swim if you want, play whatever you want, this is a day for fun friends food and beach (I couldn't think of another F word).
I will have hot dogs, chips, bananas….Kia will have cupcakes and hold the Rose Tourney. The Westmarch Gentlemen’s Club will have a nice cocktail and cigar for those who partake and of legal age.
Dunesday will, but not without grumbling, throw non-meat products on the grill for those that bring it…a court order in Texas prevents me from traveling with tofu, bean sprouts, or non-meat products (Spam is ok).
This event is rain or shine and parking is first come so carpool. We will meet at Crimsonwood’s Park at about 9:45AM to caravan or carpool.
If you have any questions please ask.
groo…speaking for Dunesday since 2004.
groo

Re: Dunesday

Postby Water Hammer » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:45 am

This is still, and probably will always be, the best event in all of Amtgard. If you are not up for having that much fun, or will be sorely dissappointed with the rest of your life after peaking so early, please do NOT attend. Understand this day must always be limited to a day. The authorities advise that so much fun for any prolonged period may result in a trip to the emergency room for a painful reduction.

Again, if you are stout of heart, fun to be around, and generally cool, you MUST attend. It would be sad to see the end of the world and not to have been to a Dunesday. Not saying the earth is in the path of any stray large asteroids within the next pass, but who knows (certainly not the guy who retired from the government before it was too late to indulge).
Baronet Water Hammer, Stalwart of Crimsonwood
Crimsonwood Rocks!!! I am humbled by your friendships.
Amtgard is the greatest thing my kids ever dragged me into.
Water Hammer

Postby Korrim of Naaban » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:05 pm

Hey Crimson Wood,
I already posted it on FaceBook but I'm not sure anyone was looking there, so I'll repeat myself here :)
Since I will be coming to Novato on a business trip next Wednesday for a week, and have the weekend free, I was searching for a larp I might attend - I'm a passionate larper and thought it would be great to experience something new.
So since I found your Park to be very close to my location and you have "the best event in all of Amtgard" just this weekend, I hope that I may join in.
If your event is open for one-time visitors from 6.000 miles away, I would pack some of my garb (not the weapons though, they're bulky and wouldn't match your regulations anyway), buy me something to drink and maybe a steak for the grill and meet you in Rohnert Park Saturday morning. If there's anything i need to know or bring or do, please let me know here or through PM.

Now to introduce myself, here's some info about me:
Korrim of Nabaan is the name of one of my characters in my larp group, my real name is Florian and I'm a really nice, tolerant, and relaxed guy. I'm 39 years old and started larping about 6 years ago, before that I only had experience with tabletop RPG's (AD&D, shadowrun etc.). I normally live in Munich (born and raised, too), I'm an architect but actually work in corporate real estate management. I'm happy to share more next week in person.
Korrim of Naaban

Postby Drenth » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi there Korrim, we will be heading from the park at 10:00 AM out to the site where the event will be taking place. If you got there around 9:45 AM, I am sure you would be able to carpool/follow someone out to site.
Odinmadr
Drenth

Postby Bodger » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:59 pm

What fun!
Thank you Groo and everybody who didn't laugh at my showing up at Eagle Park first.
The Jolly Bodger
Bodger

Postby groo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:27 pm

I just wanted to thank everyone for another great Dunesday. A special shout out to Florian who traveled from Germany for a one day event, ok he came to our area because of his work but that still has to be a record.
I look forward to next year!!!
groo
groo

Postby Norm » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:25 am

guys im back
The non-factor park Member.
Norm

Postby groo » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:28 pm

Norm....did you just post your back in an old Dunesday post?
Yeah, that makes sense.
Welcome back Norm.
(March 22)
groo

Return to Duchy of Crimson Wood - Rohnert Park, CA