The War of the Darkshore XVII (May 15–18)

Information about upcoming local and nation Amtgard events

Re: The War of the Darkshore XVII (May 15–18)

Postby Fiks » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:50 pm

I remember mentioning the potties to someone somewhere. Thought it was on Facebook/the forums but not seeing it on either. So whatevs, I'll say it again!

The camping (youth site) side will have portas. The picnic side (where last year's midreign was at) will have the plumbed bathrooms. If we can use them or not on Thursday/Sunday is unknown and depends on if the rangers allow people to go there without paying. We have the picnic area reserved for Friday and Saturday so we definitely will have access to those bathrooms on those days.

And I think we can expect to see the 24-hour clock become more and more present in our lives as globalization continues. Now if only we could get metrics going... :/ Hah. And then, next thing you know, we'll be driving on the left side of the road. :P

edit:
Orko wrote:HEY YO
IM TWENTY ONE>

PLEASE CHANGE ALL RELEVANT FORMATS TO ORKO'S TWENTY FIRST BIRTHDAY BASH

You should inquire within Drunken Spire.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brotha', I hurt people. Bonk!
Fiks

Postby Orko » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:11 pm

Fiks wrote:
edit:
Orko wrote:HEY YO
IM TWENTY ONE>

PLEASE CHANGE ALL RELEVANT FORMATS TO ORKO'S TWENTY FIRST BIRTHDAY BASH

You should inquire within Drunken Spire.

Myself wrote:I was told to inquire with you.
Please change all printed versions of Darkshore to Orko's Twenty First Birthday Bash.

- Orko "Lasereyes"

I'm going to post this message to everyone relevant right away!
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Fiks » Tue May 06, 2014 12:29 am

Updated the first post with some up to date information. Hence the update.

Also, and this is important: The entirety of the Santa Clara County Parks (which our site is a part of) has a strict no smoking policy.

Especially given the drought we're only just beginning to feel it is important that everyone do their utmost to resist the urge to light up in this vegetation-rich area. That said, the rangers have said that they have little power over what you within the confines of your vehicles. Also, smoking while on the paved areas will be allowed, just make sure you're careful with your cherries and to dispose of your butts properly into the trash.

Expect to see "No Smoking Signs" posted about site. If you're spotted smoking anywhere other than a paved area, you will be asked to either put it out or go for a walk on the road.
"How harmful overspecialization is. It cuts knowledge at a million points and leaves it bleeding."—Hari Seldon
Fiks

Postby Fiks » Sat May 24, 2014 9:50 pm

Archery Competition results (finally!):

Like last year, we had a clear cut winner of the course with an obvious advantage in scores, time, and bull's eyes. Hailing from the Belegarth land of Saracor, I present Darkshore XVII's Archery Champion: Marius! Scoring no less than an 8 per shot (which means it only took him a second or two to aim and loose his arrows) with two bull's eyes (worth 10 bonus points each) and a scorching time of only 56 seconds (netting him an additional 10 points), Marius truly dominated the competition.

Second place was Azus, with Wolfclaw following in third.

In the order that they ran the course, here are everyone's scores (bull's eyes marked by an asterisk), total time, and total score.

Wolfclaw: 5, 8, 7, 10 ,1*, 8 - 1:15 = 49
Freyir: 0, 7, 0, 0, 0, 0 - 2:11 = 7
Azus: 4, 9, 3, 10*, 4, 9* - 1:10 = 59
Belias: 5, 3, 9, 10, 0, 0 - 1:45 = 27
Kale: 10, 2, 5, 9, 4, 10 - 1:20 = 40
Marius: 9*, 8, 9, 8*, 8, 9 - 0:56 = 81
Rinneon: 5, 4, 8, 10, 2, 7 - 1:34 = 36
Karissa: 9, 9, 8, 9, 8, 4 - 1:35 = 47

Thanks everyone for participating. I hope you all enjoyed running the course as much as I enjoyed putting it on.
Fiks

Previous

Return to Upcoming Events