Park and Times

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Diablo's Cauldron

Moderator: caliban_tempest

Re: Park and Times

Postby MalfurionTheRed » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:29 pm

My dear Collin, i must respectfully decline. I train my men in the Infurian way of fighting, and we have rode on upon our strategies undefeated. I have no doubt that your training is most excellent, but it is just not our fighting style. I hope to see you on the battlefield soon, so that we may fight with honor and spill glorious blood for the Dark Gods.
-Malfurion the Red, Dread Emperor of Infurion, Champion of Khorne
Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne!!!
MalfurionTheRed

Postby Etah » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:54 pm

*face palm*
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby Hannoske » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Concord huh... I think I can find some time in July...
Hannoske

Postby Grimbold » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:22 pm

I believe a Diablo's Cauldron trip is in order. It's been a while since i killed an emperor. :twisted:
vincit qui se vincit
vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
Grimbold

Postby Etah » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:16 am

I would also invade this neighboring land. I'm thinken sometime after Rakis, before Clan.
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby caliban_tempest » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:03 am

I completely approve of a massive invasion of DC, just let me know when you guys plan on coming out! As far as Malfurion, I look forward to seeing you out at the park sometime soon. I am sad that none of the Sons of Thunder were there to meet you, hopefully next time.
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Etah » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:26 pm

caliban_tempest wrote:I completely approve of a massive invasion of DC, just let me know when you guys plan on coming out!

Why would we tell you when we plan to invade?
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

Etah

Postby caliban_tempest » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Etah wrote:
caliban_tempest wrote:I completely approve of a massive invasion of DC, just let me know when you guys plan on coming out!

Why would we tell you when we plan to invade?

Or don't, showing up unannounced at our park isn't always the best strategy, as our attendance rates fluctuate, I was more going along the lines of so I can make sure everybody gets up off their lazy asses and gets out to the park.
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Collin the Red » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Assume someone will invade EVERY week.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:31 pm

If only the slackers at our park were that gullible, I'm certainly there every week though.
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Finn_Okeanos » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:12 am

And Finn is on the boards.
Finn_Okeanos

Postby Ulric » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:27 pm

I am Sir Ulric of Pittsburgh and I am very new to this larping game and I was hopping to join you in your great battles. Please let me know if I may join your Shire. :lukor:
Ulric

Postby Azus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 pm

If you're new to this larping game, you're not a knight, therefore can't be referred to as Sir. And if you have been knighted, you're not new to Amtgard.

You're new, so no one is going to give you a hard time about it (unless you continue), there's a whole shoobedoo about titles, nobility, etc. You're not a knight, lord, prince, sir, etc etc because your backstory says so (though if you have developed a backstory, awesome!). These honors are bestowed by monarchy for (ideally) ongoing deeds, services, etc. For example, a Knight of the Serpent has not only crafted large amounts of beautiful items (be it leather, sewing, etc) but of good character, will to teach others the craft, blah blah. A lowly lord might have served as a monarch, or continued to serve Amtgard (filling offices, running demos, doing the lifting to keep Amtgard going). True, there's the idea world, and the real world, but locally, It's hard to think of anyone with a title who hasn't worked for Amtgard (NB - there's a subtle difference between working for Amtgard, and getting a title, vs simply working for an award).

Not that anyone is likely to get upset that a new person didn't know right off, there's a lot of Amtgard, rules& culture & tradition, to pick up right off the bat.

(though if you have been knighted and belted and stuff, welcome!)

Oy, that was a little longer than I meant to write.
Azus

Postby Ulric » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:54 pm

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh sorry about that sir thing.But I've read all the rules an understand most of them quiet well.so you become a knight by for filling quests right?????But how do the quests work???????????? :oops:

Your going to be at the Concord park on Saturday right??????????If you are I'll probably see you there....
Ulric

Postby Azus » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:33 pm

I'm out of Berkeley, not Concord. Though I suppose at some point I need to head over there and beat up those kids...

No, you don't get knighthood by finishing quests. Though if you're the person always running and organizing quests, and workign to make sure everyone else is having fun...

From the rulebook: (waning, unformatted wall of text)
Section III – Framework
1. Knighthood: Below are the recommended criteria for becoming eligible for the four orders of Knighthood. Having these awards only grants eligibility and does not require that Knighthood be bestowed. Whereas Masterhood is recognition of skill, Knighthood is also recognition of character in addition to having skill beyond that of a Master. It is suggested that orders that reflect a player's positive character (Griffin, Walker in the Middle, Jovious, Mask, etc.) be considered when determining any class of Knighthood.
a. Flame: A player may be eligible for Knight of the Flame after obtaining Masterhood in Rose, Smith, or Lion.
b. Crown: A player may become eligible for Knight of the Crown after serving with excellence, and completing, four terms in any of the following offices, in any combination, at kingdom level: Monarch, Regent, Prime Minister, or Champion. A player may become eligible for Knight of the Crown after serving with excellence, and completing, six terms in any of the following offices, in any combination, at duchy level or higher: Monarch, Regent, Prime Minister, or Champion. Note: The position of Kingdom Monarch counts as two offices. The position of Champion can only be counted once toward these qualifications.
c. Serpent: A player may be eligible for Knight of the Serpent after obtaining Masterhood in Owl, Dragon, or Garber.
d. Sword: A player may be eligible for Knight of the Sword after obtaining Masterhood of the Order of the Warrior, known as a Warlord.
2. Masterhood: Masterhoods are recognition of skill in a field of work. Meeting the criteria below does not automatically grant the associated Masterhood. Masterhoods are granted when a player has both the recommended requirements set forth herein and obvious expertise in their field.
a. Master Rose: A player may be eligible for receipt of the title of Master Rose upon earning their tenth Order of the Rose.
b. Master Smith: A player may be eligible for receipt of the title of Master Smith upon earning their tenth Order of the Smith.
c. Master Lion: A player may be eligible for receipt of the title of Master Lion upon earning their tenth Order of the Lion.
d. Master Owl: A player may be eligible for receipt of the title of Master Owl upon earning their tenth Order of the Owl.
e. Master Dragon: A player may be eligible for receipt of the title of Master Dragon upon earning their tenth Order of the Dragon.
f. Master Garber: A player may be eligible for receipt of the title of Master Garber upon earning their tenth Order of the Garber.
g. Master Order of the Warrior (Warlord): A player may be eligible for receipt of the title of Warlord upon earning their tenth Order of the Warrior.
3. Ladder Awards: Ladder Awards start out at zero and progress to tenth level. Attaining the next rung on the ladder should require a demonstrable level of ability beyond that required for the previous rung. This does not necessarily require bettering a player's previous work so long as the work itself is sufficient to achieve the next rung. All levels must be earned consecutively. Monarchs have the discretion to award multiple levels of award to the same individual but all awards must be given in sequence.
Note: The examples given in each order category are not meant to define the service required to earn the stated level of award, but are meant as only guidelines as to what might be the appropriate level of service for those levels.
a. Rose: Awarded for service to the club not necessarily related to an elected office. A first level Order of the Rose indicates a very minor service to the club such as picking up trash, while a tenth level Order of the Rose could be comparable to providing consistent, long-term service to the club.
b. Smith: Awarded for organizing and running battlegames, quests, workshops, demonstrations, and the like while not in office, or for running such events above and beyond the requirements of one's office. A first level Order of the Smith might be awarded for running a good battlegame at park level. A tenth level Order of the Smith might be awarded for running a series of fun, immersive, and well-scripted battlegames or quests providing direction for an entire reign.
c. Lion: Awarded for going above and beyond the call of duty in the execution of an office, or for leadership outside of office while performing a service to Amtgard. A first level Order of the Lion might be awarded for organizing Fighter practices on off-Amtgard days. A tenth Order of the Lion might be awarded for running a series of demonstrations that increase attendance and ingratiates the club with the local community.
d. Owl: Awarded for demonstrating ability in the construction sciences of Amtgard. Weapon construction, armor construction, furniture, shoes, belts, etc. A first level Order of the Owl could be awarded for constructing your first legal and functional sword. A tenth level Order of the Owl might be creating a full suit of decorated and articulated armor, or introducing critical new technologies and construction advancements that affect the group as a whole.
e. Dragon: Awarded for demonstrating ability in the arts of Amtgard. Performance, painting, sculpting, photography, cooking, banners, artistically focused garb, writing, acting, roleplaying, etc. A first level Order of the Dragon might be awarded for doing a good reading of a non-original poetry piece. A tenth level Order of the Dragon might be awarded for writing and directing an excellent play for entertainment at a large event.
f. Garber: Awarded for the creation of garb: Tunics, tabards, pants, cloaks, gloves, sashes, pouches, handbags, etc. A first level Order of the Garber might be awarded for creating a simple, well-constructed pouch. A tenth level Order of the Garber might be awarded for making themed, elaborate and intricate court garb for a group of people.
g. Warrior: Awarded for fighting prowess. Orders of the Warrior follow a regimented pattern for distribution:
i) A 1st Order is granted for winning three consecutive matches in any tournament or for battlefield prowess.
ii) A 2nd Order is granted for winning five consecutive matches in any tournament or for battlefield prowess.
iii) A 3rd Order is granted for winning seven consecutive matches in any tournament or for battlefield prowess.
iv) A 4th level is granted for winning nine consecutive matches in any tournament or for battlefield prowess.
v) A 5th level is granted for winning eleven consecutive matches in any tournament, or for taking at least 3rd overall in a kingdom-level tournament.
vi) A 6th level is granted for winning thirteen consecutive matches in any tournament, or for placing at least 2nd overall in a kingdom-level tournament.
vii) A 7th level is granted for winning fifteen consecutive matches in any tournament or placing 1st over all in a major kingdom-level tournament.
viii) An 8th level is granted for winning seventeen consecutive matches in any tournament or for winning a second major kingdom-level tournament.
ix) A 9th is granted for winning nineteen consecutive matches in any tournament or for winning a third major kingdom-level tournament.
x) A 10th is granted for winning twenty-one consecutive matches in a kingdom-level tournament or a fourth, first place win in a major kingdom-level tournament.
Note: Major kingdom-level tournament is defined as Weaponmaster, Warmaster (Crown Quals tournament), Olympiad, and/or an inter-kingdom event tournament. The level of competition and number of entrants in all tournaments must be considered before handing out Orders of the Warrior above seven. The difficulty of the tournament must warrant the level of order awarded.
Note: The title of Defender (awarded for serving with excellence in the office of Kingdom Champion), which may be earned only once, confers a single kingdom-level tournament win upon the title's recipient
Azus

PreviousNext

Return to Shire of Diablo's Cauldron - Concord, CA