What does are Shire need?

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Diablo's Cauldron

Moderator: caliban_tempest

What does are Shire need?

Postby Durham » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:29 am

We have a decent amount of players but could always use more. We have decent weapons and always have a good time. But what more can we get to improve ourselves? I'm thinking we need bows, poles, we have shields on the way thanks to Hrafn, funds, new battlegames (already got a few new ones thanks to Grix and Orko, am I missing anything?
"Forever shall the Cauldron boil!"
Durham

Re: What does are Shire need?

Postby Hrafn » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:28 am

Passion and a desire to grow. We are currently more of an after school club that real Amtgard.
Sticking to the corpora, holding feasts, midreign, tourneys, Quals. That would help, as would demos and planning events.
Garb. We can always use some garb.
Reeves would be nice.
More open communication (I'd say "hint hint" but the point is that those people don't read here. Ha!)

Before we decide what we need, we need to decide what we want. I want to see Diablo's cauldron grow to be a Duchy (or at least hit and keep Barony). I want to see westmarch consolidated as a kingdom. I want amtgard to flourish, so we have even more cool folks to hang out with, who like making weapons and armor and garb, and Hel, brewing by the time you kids are old enough for it. I want to run for and get two terms as sherriff/baron/duke, and have everyone talk for years abouthow awesome my reign was. I want. Foot rub and to sleep in tomorrow- er, today, I guess.

What do you want, Durham?
I work on an iPhone. Sometimes it "corrects" my spelling in all the wrong ways.
Hrafn

Postby caliban_tempest » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:46 am

I think a good place to start would be getting people to dress up in garb, half the people in our shire don't even try half the time, and I think it would bring a different feel to the game in general if we were all dressed up
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Durham » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:51 am

I like that! At least for the people who are here just about every week.
"Forever shall the Cauldron boil!"
Durham

Postby Collin the Red » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:31 pm

caliban_tempest wrote:I think a good place to start would be getting people to dress up in garb, half the people in our shire don't even try half the time, and I think it would bring a different feel to the game in general if we were all dressed up

+1
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby Monty The Hooded » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Garb is definatley a good place to start, and making sure plenty of people know the rulebook. Basic equipment is necassary, such as at least one of every weapon type. Getting garbing equipment could help you get better covers than old socks for your swords.

I see experience in all of your people that is ready to take hold. All that is stopping you is a small barricade of lack of equipment.

Mr. Hrafn. BREAK DOWN THESE WALLS.
Flurbing it up one Irish accent at a time.

I GOT GLITTER-ATTACKED AT DARKSHORE XIII!

Pepperidge Farm Remembers.
Monty The Hooded

Postby The Leper » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Every park needs a Leper if they wish to grow...unfortunately, I am the only one. Another good way to grow is Lazer eyes...and unfortunately Orko is the only one currently with lazer vision.

Leader of the Dead Armadillo Society Household.
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
The Leper

Postby Drenth » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:32 pm

The Leper wrote:Every park needs a Leper if they wish to grow...unfortunately, I am the only one. Another good way to grow is Lazer eyes...and unfortunately Orko is the only one currently with lazer vision.

But I thought that was DV?
Odinmadr
Drenth

Postby Guyvas » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:00 pm

most of DV's abilities are top secret because he's a communist robot and they don't share stuff well
Guyvas
Crimson Marauders
Bloodfog
Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin' to fuck with
Guyvas
Mr. Tittyface

Postby Hrafn » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Psh. Laser eyes are over-rated. Sure, you can melt most precious metals and the occasional face. But can you check out a hottie covertly? Not when you're drawing a bead on her booty. Or giving her a sunburn over vast tracts of land.

No, Orko can keep his laser vision. I have the power to speak perfect English and not be understood by other English speaking folks. That's enough responsibility for now.
Hrafn

Postby The Leper » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:37 pm

Drenth wrote:
The Leper wrote:Every park needs a Leper if they wish to grow...unfortunately, I am the only one. Another good way to grow is Lazer eyes...and unfortunately Orko is the only one currently with lazer vision.

But I thought that was DV?

No, DV's primary sight is set to flurb vision. He is also equiped with a rail gun that launches soviet nuclear missiles, and a fully usuable computer with the interwebs that allows us to all watch YouTube Poop after a day of amtgard. These are only a few things about DV that makes him so great.

Leader of the Dead Armadillo Society Household.
"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die."
The Leper

Postby Hrafn » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:30 am

Still trying to save up for chain maille, and to buy a sewing machine for me and Whiskey. So armor and garb will be on the rise in the next six months. I'll see what I can do about making a variety of weapons, or getting supplies.
Hrafn

Postby caliban_tempest » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Durham wrote:, we have shields on the way thanks to Hrafn, funds

just read this part, we have shields now? where/when did hrafn get shields. And did you finally get the funds from kaydee?
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Hrafn » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:18 pm

I bought a sheet of plank foam from TR for $100. I have 4 max small rounds, need to get handles and covers for them. I have about half of it left, I'm trying to decide the best way to divide it between more shields and weapon cores.

I can probably get 4 medium heater shields out of the remains (same size/shape as the shire shield) but I want enough left over for at least my pollaxe. And if it works out, I want to be able to make a couple more weapons with it- wee need axes and maces that aren't obviously worse than swords.

EDIT: almost forgot. Want to either buy a sewing machine or work with someone from TR to get extra shield covers, so we have loaner shields that can be changed out for personal designs. I also want to save two round shields and an axe head for trying my hand at PlastiDip.
Hrafn

Postby Lady Tamara » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:10 am

Come for a visit with your fabric and I will see what I can whip up for you guys.... :D
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Return to Shire of Diablo's Cauldron - Concord, CA