What would YOU like to see from the Monarch of Westmarch?

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Diablo's Cauldron

Moderator: caliban_tempest

What would YOU like to see from the Monarch of Westmarch?

Postby SirEuric » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:54 pm

As I mentioned on the boards if I win Prince(at this time I am running unopposed) I want to implement a system of monthly communication with the entire monarchy from each land with my info being available to anyone who has input as to what they would like to see from Westmarch. Wether it be awards, the possibility of core land status, or just being more considered in event locations or anything else. I want to hear it and weigh the merits to see if it warrants an althing vote. The first step I hope to get voted on is at the very minimum having the southern lands be allowed a vote on corpora changes. At one time SG said they did not want votes in althings, has that changed? Is Diablo's Cauldron interested in Core land status? Do you need help with quals?

Give me your ideas!
sireuric at gmail dot com
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Re: What would YOU like to see from the Monarch of Westmarch

Postby caliban_tempest » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:49 am

We have still yet to run quals successfully, which bothers me a bit, so it would be very nice to have some help running quals/explaining how quals are run
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby SirEuric » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:39 pm

I will do my best to help a quals coordinator and anyone else who wants to learn through the process. Who will be your upcoming Qualifications coordinator?
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Azus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Westmarch quals are the 23rd; a who lot bigger than what you guys would need to do; on the other hand a lot more people with experience, some of whom wont be in the middle of running things.
Azus

Postby Hrafn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:41 pm

help running quals/explaining how quals are run

Yeah, this is a big one. Going from a bunch of kids at a park fightin' on the week-ends to an actual semi-corporate entity is intimidating as all get-out.

I'd also like greater intercommunication along lines of reeves and GMR. It took us a month or two to get a workable reeve's test last reign, and it wasn't quite 7.6 compatible, so we ended up with weird scores (104/100, for example) and no one felt comfortable running for GMR. That's not your department though, is it sir? Hm.

Azus, where are Westmarch Quals held? I doubt I can get out there on such short notice, but I will (hopefully) be able to actually take the field next week. I could try to arrange a... Hm, dang I work then. This'll take some work...
I work on an iPhone. Sometimes it "corrects" my spelling in all the wrong ways.
Hrafn

Postby Griffin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:38 am

Hrafn wrote:where are Westmarch Quals held?

http://caamtgard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5585

Saturday, April 23rd, Wavehaven.

TR's also holding their quals this upcoming weekend, and they're a damn sight closer to your neck of the woods. Thread:

http://caamtgard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5651
Griffin
Squire to Sir Deimos
Griffin

Postby deimos » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:54 am

Hrafn wrote:I'd also like greater intercommunication along lines of reeves and GMR. It took us a month or two to get a workable reeve's test last reign, and it wasn't quite 7.6 compatible, so we ended up with weird scores (104/100, for example) and no one felt comfortable running for GMR. That's not your department though, is it sir? Hm.

The new series of Reeves/Corpora tests from the Principality GMR is not mandated by the GMR to be made available until the Month of the Crown. To release a test prior to that is somewhat disrespectful to the previous GMR, and as the current run of Reeves is based off the prior GMR's test, you would invalidate all current Reeves by issuing a new test prematurely.

In the future, if you are unable to establish a good line of communication with the WM GMR, I recommend you climb up the chain to the WM Monarch and ask them to intervene on your behalf.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby Hrafn » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:37 pm

Duly noted. I wasn't requesting an early test, just clearer lines of communication. That's a darn valid point though, and I hadn't considered it. Seems I'm having trouble seeing amtgard as a single entity.
I work on an iPhone. Sometimes it "corrects" my spelling in all the wrong ways.
Hrafn

Return to Shire of Diablo's Cauldron - Concord, CA