Qualifications primer.

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Diablo's Cauldron

Moderator: caliban_tempest

Qualifications primer.

Postby SirEuric » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:37 pm

First you need to choose someone to coordinate Qualifications.
They are responsible for getting Judges(5 by corpora) but 3 if you don't have enough people interested. If you do it on the right weekend, I would be happy to come over and be the Judge/Judging trainer for you.

If you don't want to coordinate the arts and sciences portion AND the fighting tournament then you need a helper to run one or the other. You need to provide a time table so that people know when deadlines are as an example here is Suraya's schedule for our quals:

Here is my current agenda for crown quals:

1200 (noon) A&S entries and Tourney sign-up open
1300 (1:00) A&S entries close
1345 (1:45) Tourney sign-ups close
1400 (2:00) Tourney begins
After the tourney it is up to Leper. Ditch after you have entered everything and before the tourney to warm up!

That should give you an idea for the start. Look in the corpora page 19 Article VI is all about quals. If you have questions, ask here, pm me, or even Call (9 1 6- 9 69- 6 5 3 3)

Sir Euric
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Re: Qualifications primer.

Postby Durham » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:29 am

Thank you so much for this its a big help!
"Forever shall the Cauldron boil!"
Durham

Postby SirEuric » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:07 pm

You also need a long Range timetable such as this from the Time of the Crown section of our corpora:

1. The Time of the Crown is the period from when declarations are due to when a new
Monarch is crowned.
2. Any person wishing to run for Monarch, Regent, Champion, Guildmaster of Reeves, or
Heir Apparent must declare their intentions publicly and in writing to the Prime Minister
one (1) week prior to Crown Qualifications.
3. Cultural and Fighting events of Crown Qualifications shall be held the week after
declarations are due. The autocrat of Crown Qualifications may request literature entries
be turned in up to two (2) weeks early.
4. A tournament consisting of all members who qualify to run for Champion shall be held
the same day as elections. The tournament shall consist of three (3) bouts: short sword,
short sword and shield, and double short sword.
5. The Crown Coronation event shall be run by the Regent four (4) weeks after elections.

If there are questions not clarified by the corpora or in general please ask here and we will help all we can.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby SirEuric » Sun May 01, 2011 11:21 pm

For your A & S entries, you need tables, 3X5 index cards, sticky labels and a way to run rope between trees or something to hang up clothes , armor etc. Nail down judges quickly and get commitment for them to attend quals. You will need a master list that lists person, categories and brief description of item. As much as possible keep items creator anonymous from judges so they are not swayed by their knowledge of that person.

Do you have a qualification coordinator yet?

please feel free to request clarifications, etc here so all can see as you want more than one person to have the ability to run qualifications.

Have a good week!

Euric
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby SirEuric » Thu May 12, 2011 7:57 pm

Hey Guys and gals, still waiting on a quals coordinator or do you just want me to plan on running quals and anyone truly interested in doing it later can watch , ask questions and learn as we go.

That being said, anyone interested in qualifying for office should have already been working on some arts and Sciences projects as if you plan on quals it should happen pretty soon.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Durham » Mon May 16, 2011 11:28 am

I am happy to announce I'll be running quals this time around. Our only problem is we don't have enough interest in people wanting to run for office, its really just me and Caliban.
"Forever shall the Cauldron boil!"
Durham

Postby Collin the Red » Mon May 16, 2011 12:36 pm

Tell the "Son's of Thunder" to step up.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby SirEuric » Mon May 16, 2011 1:18 pm

The issue there is if you are running for office, you CAN'T run quals. I will be happy to run them and talk to everyone who is interested in having the ability to run qualifications in the future as I do them step by step.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby Lady Tamara » Mon May 16, 2011 3:22 pm

I am willing to help judge. :D
Wife to Collin the Red
http://www.meetup.com/amtgard-sacramento
Tamara on the AmtWiki
O.R.K.
Facebook
Woman at Arms to Sir Francis of Ravensholm
Lady Tamara

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon May 16, 2011 3:37 pm

We would be very greatful to have both of your guys' help in running/judging the quals, its a very new experience and were kinda nervous about it, so help from people that have experience in these things would be amazing
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby SirEuric » Mon May 16, 2011 7:31 pm

What are viable dates? and we will get the ball rolling. Most of June is good for me except June 11th http://caamtgard.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5859
other than lunch this is free and Lunch will be affordable for what you get.

So sit down with the current monarchy/people running and get a date that works for you all July is not so good as I am Going home for 15 days then going to Clan for a week.

Or would you guys rather do the not it one more time and wait for next 6 months to give folks plenty of time to make quals ;though if you were even thinking of running you should have been working on SOMETHING already. I can get this lined up fairly quickly and I encourage people to step up and run. Shire level office is fairly easy and you only need 3 cultural entries for Monarch and Regent and 1 Cultural for Champion and Heir apparent.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Return to Shire of Diablo's Cauldron - Concord, CA