Quals/Elections Announcement

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Diablo's Cauldron

Moderator: caliban_tempest

Quals/Elections Announcement

Postby caliban_tempest » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:41 am

Its late, but better late than never. Diablo's Cauldron will be having its first ever Quals this upcoming Wednesday, June 15. Then our elections will be the following Saturday, June 18th. It should be a fun two days, and its about time we got this out of the way. It will be kinda thrown together, and might not be very official or run smoothly, but hey, were gonna try. So those of you who are running for office, prepare your entries for judging and get ready for some fighting, because it coming up fast.
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Re: Quals/Elections Announcement

Postby Hannoske » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:29 pm

I commend you on holding quals. As you guys grow and continue to develop I encourage you to set these up according to the corpora with full planning and timelines. I would love to see your scores published when you are done.

Continue to encourage quals as they are a good way to help your land look better and grow.
Hannoske

Postby SirEuric » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:17 pm

What happened to my offer to coordinate/run this? I was waiting on a response of a time that you wanted this done.
BY corpora,you or Durham neither one can run this as the only two declaring for a position.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby caliban_tempest » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Ooh, I was unaware that the offer still stood. I would be honored if you ran quals for us, I was going to throw them together since we didn't really have anybody not running for a position that knew enough about the corpora to run these. We can reschedule to a time that works best for you if you can run them for us. Thanks so much
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Collin the Red » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:02 pm

If I can catch a ride, I can go Wednesday and help with quals.
Baron Collin MacAbee current King of Westmarch
Squire to Sir Smiley
Collin the Red

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:19 am

Perhaps I will take Sir Eurics advice and just have basic elections, rather than doing something so quickly. A lot of the people running for positions have trips and vacations going on around this time and not a lot of time to prepare stuff. It might be better to learn exactly what we need to do and make sure everybody is up to date on stuff and prepare much further ahead. Thoughts?
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Etah » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 am

Are you guys gonna run a weaponsmaster in conjunction with quals?
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby SirEuric » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 am

My offer stands for next go around if you are going to just do bare minimum for quals out of speed concerns this time. OR

If you would like, I can come down Saturday June 25th to run quals for you all. As I said anyone interested may watch over my shoulder to learn the process(my style at least) for running Qualifications. If you are interested in this, have any of your members interested in learning to Judge Qualifications to pm me or send me an email at sireuric@ g mail dot com
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:42 am

Saturday the 25th, gotcha, ill hold a meeting with the rest of the monarchy and see what route we want to go. Thank you so much for the help.

Etah wrote:Are you guys gonna run a weaponsmaster in conjunction with quals?

Weaponsmaster is the tournament right?
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Etah » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:46 am

Weaponsmaster is the tournament right?

Yup
~Baronet Squire Etah Landshark
Corsair
Shire of Aegir's Hall

"Hate is a strong word, but I found out if you say it backwards what appears is a bald nerd." - MC Nameloc
Etah

Postby deimos » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:46 am

Bear in mind that while you should hold quals as prescribed in the corpora, proof that quals were held in accordance with the corpora is not one of the requirements to pass (or get an excellent) for a shire audit package.

Getting into the habit of running quals correctly is a damn good thing to start early. However, quals still need to happen, and at the end of the day you gotta do whatcha gotta do to keep the park running.
Deimos
GMR of SSD
deimos

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks for the advice everybody, I think this time were just going to do a quick, not so organized quals so we can get it over with and do a formal, by the corpora quals when the time comes in 6 months. I'll be in touch with Sir Euric about that as the time approaches.
Etah wrote:Yup

Then yes, we will be holding weaponmaster in conjunction with quals
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby SirEuric » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Etah is slightly wrong in his wording Weaponmaster is the tournament (same events) held at midreign . Warmaster is the fighting held in conjunction with Cultural crown qualifications along with a reeves and corpora test being administered.

Good luck and any questions give me a pm, email, or call :D
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Return to Shire of Diablo's Cauldron - Concord, CA