An Update

Discussion/Information about the Shire of Diablo's Cauldron

Moderator: caliban_tempest

An Update

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:08 am

We kinda flat-lined there for a few months, we died down to three people attending regularly, then I got a job that had me working on Saturdays and Sundays, and the other two people were ride less without me. However, we are back and kicking once again, just without elected officials, enough weapons, enough garb, or any kind organization or battle games, but were still swinging foam, and that's a good start. We were able to pull in a few more people from the local high school and now were up to about 6 regulars, but more importantly, we have determination to get back up on our feet once again, where before we were beaten and down, and lacking motivation. We are back to our original park, which was Newhall Park in Concord, in hopes of drawing those old members back who were not too happy about the longer trip to the new park we had been at. It has sorta worked, one or two came back, but I'm still hopeful it will draw more. I thank you guys for the messages checking up on us, and felt I owed an explanation to all those who were concerned. Our focus right now is on keeping our new members around and reeling in those flakey members, but I am hopeful for the future
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Re: An Update

Postby SirEuric » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:24 am

What day are you all playing Caliban?
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:27 pm

We play Saturdays from 1-5 at Newhall Park, usually in the lower field, across a bridge from the main parking lot, since the main field is taken by soccer players this time of the year
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Nightstar » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:49 am

Hmm, my wife and I might be able to make it out in the following weeks. We had a short mia status while we were in Bakersfield (which is why we've yet to show up... after returning to the Bay after a 3 year hiatus in Texas, we had to move to Bakersfield not long after returning), but we're finally back and settling in.
Drake

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." - Beyond Good and Evil - Friedrich Nietzsche
Nightstar

Postby Orko » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Illl see when i can head over.
Orko
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅

Postby Nightstar » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:44 am

caliban_tempest wrote:We play Saturdays from 1-5 at Newhall Park, usually in the lower field, across a bridge from the main parking lot, since the main field is taken by soccer players this time of the year

Tried looking for you this weekend, but couldn't find anyone but lots and lots of soccer kids and other assorted wee ones and their parents.

Could you maybe draft up a picture of the location for those of us completely unfamiliar with the park?
Drake

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you." - Beyond Good and Evil - Friedrich Nietzsche
Nightstar

Postby Lady Tamara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 am

Or bring out a large mylar balloon and lots of string so it becomes a beacon over the tops of the trees. LOL :lol:
Lady Tamara

Postby Nightstar » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:41 am

Lady Tamara wrote:Or bring out a large mylar balloon and lots of string so it becomes a beacon over the tops of the trees. LOL :lol:

That would work too... maybe make it flash as well? And every fifteen minutes use an airhorn!
Drake

Nightstar

Postby Lady Tamara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:51 am

ROFL!! Love it!
Lady Tamara

Postby Nightstar » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:51 am

caliban_tempest wrote:We play Saturdays from 1-5 at Newhall Park, usually in the lower field, across a bridge from the main parking lot, since the main field is taken by soccer players this time of the year

So, is the main parking lot the one that is accessed via Turtle Creek Road? It looks like the bigger parking lot... and I'm guessing the picnic area is to the northwest of said parking lot? And it is around this area that you meet?

Also, I noticed last Saturday that there were cars parked around the picnic area... how do you access that road? Is it via Newhall Pkwy? I noticed a gate there next to the other parking lot.
Drake

Nightstar

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:26 pm

The area we have been meeting in is south of the main parking lot accessed by turtle creek road. There is a little path that crosses over a bridge and we meet in the field by a large group of picnic benches. Nice and shady. We are there most weekends, we missed one due to poor timing and communication. We pull about 5-7 people per week right now. Hopefully this will help you find us
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Postby Nightstar » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:25 am

caliban_tempest wrote:The area we have been meeting in is south of the main parking lot accessed by turtle creek road. There is a little path that crosses over a bridge and we meet in the field by a large group of picnic benches. Nice and shady. We are there most weekends, we missed one due to poor timing and communication. We pull about 5-7 people per week right now. Hopefully this will help you find us

I think it will... That describes the area pretty accurately and I'm pretty sure I know exactly where you will be at now. Thanks.
Drake

Nightstar

Postby SirEuric » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:24 am

So, are you guys trying to meet regularly? we are planning a visit soon and would like to know for certain there will be Cauldron Bearers to play foam wars with.
How about Dundracon, any of you planning to attend? if so see the threads on General discussion and get me your info.
Sir Euric Bloodstone
SirEuric

Postby clodsidein » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:50 pm

i plan on joining this weekend hopefully
"personal space..."
"whatre you talking bout I AM your personal space~<3"
clodsidein

Location: Concord, CA (subject to change as my current living conditions aren't secure)

Postby caliban_tempest » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:14 pm

@ Sir Euric: We are meeting regularly at Newhall Park in Concord, we are across a little bridge just south of the main parking lot off Turtle Creek Road. We look forward to seeing you guys again. I will check out Dundracon and let you know if any of us can make it.
LIVE. LOVE. LEARN. DIE.
caliban_tempest

Return to Shire of Diablo's Cauldron - Concord, CA