Quest This Sunday!

Discussion/Information about the Duchy of Wyvern's Spur

Moderators: Azus, Ubrik, Yrduna, Vidya

Quest This Sunday!

Postby Azus » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Quest
Sunday the 26th. Please start showing up at 10am; we'll have a ditch line going before we get the quest started.

Getting to the park!

We are at Codornices Park in Berkeley! When driving there, you will see a number of signs pointing the way to the Rose Garden that you can follow; the Rose Garden is across the street.

The address is 1201 Euclid Avenue, Berkeley, CA. Or if you prefer, the cordinates to the entrance to the park is 37°53'8"N 122°15'45"W.

Directions
Your GPs will probably give different directions that are shorter / faster. However, for simplicity:

From I-80, take the University Avenue Exit, and head East toward the hills. University Avenue ends at UC Berkeley, and might be fenced off due to construction. Here you will turn LEFT onto Oxford:

Take the first RIGHT onto a real street (which will be Hearst Street), it will look funny with the bike lane and island thingy:

Hearst starts out as a 2 lane road, then one lane disappears into parking. Prepare to hate driving in Berkeley even more. Google maps seems uber confused about this road. Anyway, turn left onto Euclid:

You will go up the hill. up up up. You may need to have someone get out and push.
Just before Codornices Park is Berryman Reservoir. Big Empty on the right behind a stretch of green. Start looking for parking!

Enter where the truck is! If you don't see parking there, I suggest you unload supplies and people here, then check a side street. We'll see about having someone there to help direct you.

At the end of the block, you can look left and look down Eunice Street, and see if there's parking there. Or turn around, and check the first side street, Bayview, I often park there and there's usually spots available.

Parking is interesting! You will want to carpool. Getting there closer to 10am than noon will help. There are many many parking spots, it's just that it's a busy busy park and so most spots are taken...

Staging Area
As you enter the park, you will see a large concrete slide with an infestations of younuns. To the right of that slide is a path going up alongside the stream (don't take a bridge across the stream - keep it on your right). Near the top of the path is an open area, usually with 1 picnic table. Unless plans change, this will be our staging area. (we may invade one of the picnic areas instead). Signs will be posted!

Food
At present, best if you bring some munchies of your own. No promises if we supply...

Game limits
This is a huge park! Thistledown and I are planning to use the majority of it.

At present, limits are:
- not on the baseball field.
- not out the tunnel into the Rose Garden
- not up the long concrete stairs north side of the park
- not in the little kids play area
- watch out for mundanes! This park is extremely busy

NPCs
Talk to Thistledown if you wish to NPC. How many we'll need depends a lot on how many people will show up!
Here's something really exciting: We share this park with 2 other LARPS. FanWar will be elsewhere so that we don't step on each other's toes. Westfinder has joined us in the past for Amtgard, and one of their regulars has been a regular at Amtgard some time back. Westfinder is a flurbier group than us, which is awesome as they've agreed to join us for the day and help NPC. This should give us a bit of variety to offer you questors! We'll also have someone offering makeup :)

Crash space!
I know some of you are coming down Saturday to help Rain. I have a sofa and a futon, and 1 sleeping bag with air mattress. If you bring a sleeping bag and pad, I have a decent amount of floor space, some of it carpeted.
Azus

Re: Quest This Sunday!

Postby thistledown » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:43 am

Azus wrote:Enter where the truck is! If you don't see parking there, I suggest you unload supplies and people here, then check a side street.

We will have someone here to direct you as early as possible.

Azus wrote:Staging Area
As you enter the park, you will see a large concrete slide with an infestations of younuns. To the right of that slide is a path going up alongside the stream (don't cross the stream!). Near the top of the path is an open area, usually with 1 picnic table. Unless plans change, this will be our staging area. (we may invade one of the picnic areas instead). Signs will be posted!

To be clear on this, you are on the side of the stream with the slide. You technically do cross it, but it's already in an underground culvert by then. Then just keep to the left going up hill.

Azus wrote:NPCs
Talk to Thistledown if you wish to NPC. How many we'll need depends a lot on how many people will show up!
Here's something really exciting: We share this park with 2 other LARPS. Westfinder has joined us in the past for Amtgard, and one of their regulars has been a regular at Amtgard some time back. Westfinder is a flurbier group than us, which is awesome as they've agreed to join us for the day and help NPC. This should give us a bit of variety to offer you questors!

The 3rd group has agreed to meet elsewhere this day, to give us room.

For monsters: we have our plan of monsters to use, but if you would like to join the monster side with a particular monster, let us know. A make-up artist is coming down to help us with costuming and we hope to make some good critters.
thistledown

Postby Lord_DB » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:32 am

I shall be in attendance with all my glory and duchebaggery, along with 1 more.

As an aside, I've been rocking WS out at TR lately, and represented out a DBW this last weekend... YOU KNOW!!!
As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

Carl Jung, "Memories, Dreams, Reflections", 1962
Lord_DB

Postby Azus » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:20 pm

thistledown wrote:clarifications

Updated first post with the clarifications / updates.
Azus

Postby Seth amde » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:35 pm

See Y'all there!
"Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none." ~ Chief Tecumseh
Seth amde

Postby Azus » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Thistledown tells me that if you're planning on fighting, you should bring plain black clothes in addition to regular garb.
Azus

Postby Seth amde » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:09 pm

EPIC, I cant wait till mine is old to join me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and grovel to none." ~ Chief Tecumseh
Seth amde

Return to Duchy of Wyvern's Spur - Richmond, CA